Unlock your creative potential! Discover how to easily turn any Sun, Moon and Milky Way scene you imagine into a real picture… and start shooting truly legendary photos every time you pick up the camera!
Whether your passion is to capture beautiful landscapes, immortalize the infinite night sky, surprise the bride and the groom in their happiest day… or to travel the world, PhotoPills will make you love exploring new artistic possibilities to tell visual stories in a way it wasn’t possible before.
* All in one app
PhotoPills is your personal assistant in all photographic matters. It provides tasty remedies to answer most of the questions when planning and shooting your creative ideas:
– The First 2D Map-Centric Planner: Sun, Moon, Milky Way
– Sun, Moon Alignments Fast Finder
– 3D Augmented Reality: Sun, Moon, Milky Way, Celestial Equator, Polaris, DoF, FoV
** NOTE: The Augmented Reality views of this app make use of your device’s compass. Some devices may not have a compass.
– Photo Plans Manager
– Location Scouting Tool
– Key information: Sunrise/set, Twilights, Golden Hour, Blue Hour, Moonrise/set, Supermoon dates, Moon Calendar
– Calculators: Long Exposure, Timelapse, Spot Stars, Star Trails, Hyperfocal Table, DoF, FoV
– Widgets: Sun, Moon, Milky Way
– PhotoPills Awards… and much more!
* Endorsed by Masters
“PhotoPills is an invaluable tool which I use every time I plan a shoot.” – Mark Gee, Astronomy Photographer of the Year.
“A tool every photographer should have.” – Kevin Raber, Luminous-landscape.com.
“It pays off! Using such a tool ensures that we are repeatedly capable of quickly planning powerful shots.” – José B. Ruiz, Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
* How it works
Have you ever walked around a place and thought: “What a pity the Moon isn’t EXACTLY right there… I would have captured a great photo!”? What about the Sun? And the Milky Way? Well, now you can let your imagination fly and calculate when this specific magic moment happens in just a few seconds:
– IMAGINE: the Milky Way arching over a powerful landscape, a giant full Moon appearing from behind a nearby hill or a sunset between two rocks on a magic beach… The only limit is your imagination!
– PLAN: easily calculate the exact date and time the scene you’ve imagined happens. Work smarter, not harder!
– SHOOT: just get out there, immerse yourself in the great outdoors, and enjoy living and capturing unique moments.
* Become a Legend
Because we know the huge amount of time, energy and love you put in your photos. We want to HONOR them, SHOW them to the World, and REWARD you with up to $6,600 in cash prizes. It’s easy and FREE! Just submit your creative photos from PhotoPills and join the Legacy!
* Never waste an unmissable scene again
Create a To-Do list of planned photos and get to the location on time.
– Updated the 2nd top panel. Now it also shows the apparent height of the Sun, Moon, Milky Way arch or Galactic Center above the Black Pin terrain.
– New Sun/Moon Planner map calculator to calculate the shooting distance for a specific Sun/Moon size compared to a subject.
– Option to manually set the altitude for the Pins. Tap More > Altitudes.
– Option to use real Sun and Moon azimuth lines on the map, taking into account Earth curvature (enabled by default).